PDAR Pro Reg D 12/24 volt. Digital software control with slow start, dynamic Progressive battery charging, can be used in parallel ( recommended ) or stand alone regulator, programable for different battery types, single unit fits 99% of alternators and all battery types, charges to 4 step progressive constant current charging curves, self diagnosing fault system, totally isolates the advanced regulator in fault condition, battery Temperature sensing, high battery temp trip, high battery voltage trip, high alternator voltage trip, de-sulphation ability on open lead acid batteries, in event of failure auto return to standard alternator regulator, can be used with or without the temperature sensor, monitors for excessive neg voltage drop and trips, protects batteries if temperature sensor open circuited, protects batteries if split charge relay/diode fails open, protects batteries if advanced reg fails closed, protects batteries if battery sense wire falls off. 10 LED display, 12 or 24 volt operation selectable. Remote control option. Alternator temperature sensor and boost disengage. Thermostatically controlled cooling fan for maximum performance.
What To Expect From An Advanced Regulator:
1) Maintains maximum performance of an alternator’s power curve within a preset envelope as defined by battery manufacturers.
2) Batteries charging 4-20 times faster. ( depending on original system ).
3) Enables 25-35% extra useful power to be stored in batteries. A conventional alternator will only charge the battery to a max of about 75% and, at about 35% remaining capacity, the low voltage level renders it useless. This means that, of
100A of battery capacity, only about 35A are available to be used. An advanced regulator will fully charge the battery giving an extra 25% capacity. This increases the useable available power by about 70 - 80 %.
4) Battery plates kept free from sulphate damage results in longer life.
5) Due to the built in safety features, in the event of incorrect installation the unit will
switch itself off.
6) Reduces needless running hours on the main engine.
7) Compensates for voltage drops resulting from long cable runs, ammeters, diodes
and other general wiring associated problems.
8) Automatically converts a machine-sensed alternator to a permanent battery